Data Quality Report Card (EE)
This report was modified from the 0252 Data Completeness Report Card (EE) to provide a more accurate picture of data quality for projects. Where reasonably possible, data quality calculations have been programmed to follow the 0640 HUD Data Quality Framework Report. The report looks at not only elements required by HUD, but also those elements required for the Missouri HMIS, and gives a letter grade in each category and overall based upon "Ok" answers entered into the system. This report does not look at the data quality or completeness of contacts, services, or referrals regardless of funding source.
Note: as of July 2021, this report has been updated to only run for one provider or one reporting group at a time. This is to prevent data inconsistencies that can occur when running for multiple projects. The reporting group option is only intended for single projects that had to be split for HMIS.
Running the Report
- Select Connect to ART in the banner at the top right corner of the screen (near Enter Data As).
- In the ART Browser, navigate to Public Folder > Data Quality and Completeness Reports > Data Quality Report Card (EE) and click on the magnifying glass icon.
- On the ART Items Details window, click View Report to open the report. A new tab will open. Note: Using Schedule Report (instead of View Report) is strongly recommended as the report will take a significant amount of time to run and may time out.
- Complete only one of the following prompts. Leave the other blank.
- Click Select Provider and click Refresh Values. Double click on the provider for which the report is being run in the left hand column so that they appear in the right hand column.
- Click Select Reporting Group and click Refresh Values. Double click the reporting group for which the report is being run in the left hand column so they appear in the right hand column. Note: This option should only be used for single projects that had to be split for HMIS.
- Set the EDA Provider prompt:
- If running the report for a project, set EDA Provider to that project.
- If running the report for a reporting group, leave EDA Provider set to -Default Provider-.
- Click Enter Start Date and enter the first day of the reporting period using the calendar using the date picker or by typing it directly into the field.
- Click Enter End Date PLUS 1 Day and select the day after the end of the reporting period. For example, when running a report with an end date of 12/31/16, enter 1/1/17 into the field.
- Once all prompts are accurate and have a green check mark in front of them, click Run Query at the bottom of the window to run the report.
- Complete only one of the following prompts. Leave the other blank.
Using the Report
- Provider Report Card shows scores for all selected projects in the report in one report card. The report card is broken into three categories.
- HUD Universal Data Elements: All elements (rows) in this section refer to questions which are required to be collected for all projects by HUD.
- Missouri Core Data Elements: All elements in this section refer to questions which are collected by most projects by the Missouri HMIS. Many of these elements are required for some projects by HUD.
- Special Needs Assessment: All elements in this section refer to questions which are found on the Special Needs Assessment. If the project funder does not require the collection of these elements, this section will show only dashes ( - ) and are exempted from the overall grade calculation.
- Client Detail provides a categorization for each data element for each client. The key is below. To make corrections, use the client ID number in the second column from the left to open the client record and make corrections in the appropriate fields. Note: For definitions of each row/column, see Row/Column Definition section below
- Grades by User provides a summary of data quality scores per user in three categories, an overall score, and a letter grade.
- Document Information shows the information entered into the prompts to generate the report.
- This report can be downloaded as a PDF or Excel Spreadsheet by clicking Document > Save to my Computer As > PDF -or- Excel -or- Excel 2007.
Note: Input controls are available only when the report is run using View Report. The Schedule Report function does not allow for the use of input controls.
The Client Detail and Grades by User tabs each have input controls available. Input controls are available in order to allow you to view partial information, such as seeing the data quality for only one user or one project type.
Exporting the report for data cleanup purposes
In the upper left hand corner of the window, select Document > Save to my computer as > Excel -OR- Excel 2007. The entire workbook will be downloaded as an Excel workbook.
Exporting the report for funders or the CoC
Some CoCs and/or funders require the submission of the Provider Report Card on a regular basis or for the purpose of Rank and Review. Follow these steps to export the required information:
- Select the Provider Report Card tab.
- In the upper left hand corner of the window, select Document > Save report to my computer as > PDF.
| Row header
(Report Card tabs)
| Column header
(Client Detail tab)
|Requirement to get "Ok"|
|Name and Name Data Quality||Name||
|Social Security Number & SSN Data Quality||SSN||
|Date of Birth and Data Quality||
|Ethnicity||Eth|| Ethnicity is not blank, "Client doesn't know," "Client refused," or "Data not collected"
|Gender||Gen||Gender is not blank, "Client doesn't know," "Client refused," or "Data not collected"|
|Disabling Condition||Disab||Does the client have a disabling condition? is not blank, "Client doesn't know," "Client refused," or "Data not collected"|
|Chronic Homelessness Determination||CH Det|| If client is 18 or older or a head of household under 18:
All questions in the Chronic Homelessness Determination section of the entry assessment are properly completed.
|Destination (Exit)||Dest Exit|| If the individual has exited from the project"
Exit Destination is not blank, "Client doesn't know," "Client refused," or "Data not collected"
|Relationship to Head of Household||Rel HoH||Relationship to Head of Household is "Self (Head of Household)" for one (and only one) member of the household|
|Client Location (CoC)||CoC||Client Location (CoC) is not blank.|
|Client Location (County)||County||Client Location (County) is not blank.|
|Zip Code of Last Permanent Address & Data Quality||LPA Zip||
|Health Insurance at Start||Hlth Ins (Start)||
|Health Insurance at Exit||Hlth Ins (Exit)||
|Monthly Income at Start||Mnth Inc (Start)||
If client is 18 or older or a child head of household:
|Monthly Income at Exit||Mnth Inc (Exit)|| If client is 18 or older or a child head of household:
|Non-Cash Benefits at Start||Non Cash (Start)|| If client is 18 or older or a child head of household:
|Non-Cash Benefits at exit||Non Cash (Exit)|| If client is 18 or older or a child head of household:
|Disability Details at Start||Disab Detail (Start)||
|Disability Details at Exit||Disab Detail (Exit)||
|Domestic Violence||DV|| If client is 18 or older or a minor head of household:
- Video tutorial for the Data Quality Report Card
Note: contact helpdesk for video password
Copyright 2021 Institute for Community Alliances. All rights reserved.